Founded in 1899 as a rail depot for the Uganda Railway, Nairobi has grown to become one of the most prominent, thriving capital cities on the continent.
The world’s only capital city with a national park, Nairobi is a vibrant combination of modern life, African culture and nature. Skyscrapers, banks, malls, international hotels and businesses are prominent throughout Nairobi, focused towards the Central Business District and western suburbs of Westlands and Gigiri. Closer to the Nairobi National Park, the suburbs of Langata and Karen have maintained the traditional Nairobi charm with tall mature trees and vast gardens.
The original safari capital of Africa, Nairobi offers world class accommodation from intimate boutique hotels in tranquil gardens to 5 star luxury international hotel chains. Whether you are looking to explore the original home of Karen Blixen, feed giraffe by hand, adopt an orphaned baby elephant, taste ‘Nyama Choma’ or pick up artisan pieces at a local market, Nairobi never sleeps and there’s an adventure opportunity around every corner.
● Experience the vibrant, bustling, cosmopolitan capital city of Kenya
● Visit The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust elephant orphanage – the most successful orphan elephant rescue and rehabilitation program in the world.
● Hand feed the endangered Rothschild giraffe at the AFEW Giraffe Centre
● Experience the world’s only national park located within a capital city, Nairobi National Park
● AFEW Giraffe Centre Visit
● David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Visit
● Karen Blixen Museum Visit
● Nairobi National Park Day Trip