SkySafari East Africa 2021
(Elewana Tortilis Camp)
(Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp)
(Elewana Sand River Masai Mara)
Serengeti & Grumeti Reserve
(Elewana Serengeti Migration Camp)
(Elewana The Manor at Ngorongoro)
• Cover five very different types of ecosystems while travelling in luxury; encounter their inhabitants, whose authentic, traditional and colourful tribal ways remain relatively untouched.
• In Amboseli National Park, experience incredible views of Mount Kilimanjaro and witness some of Africa’s largest elephants.
• Loisaba is a 57,000-acre wildlife conservancy, which is home to the less-seen and rare northern species: wild dog, Grevy’s zebra and reticulated giraffe.
• Home to 3 million large animals; more than half of whom come and go according to one of the world’s largest migrations; the Masai Mara National Reserve is one of the world’s largest wildlife sanctuaries.
• Experience the best that Tanzania has to offer including the ultimate iconic safari areas; the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti.
Arrive Nairobi, transfer to Hemingways Nairobi – 1 night.
Hemingways Nairobi is an opulent luxury hotel with the ambience of a country club.
In the leafy suburb of Karen with lovely views over the scenic Ngong Hills and all of the facilities expected in a modern 5 star hotel, including the very best of local and international cuisine.
Transfer to Wilson Airport for SkySafari flight to Amboseli – 2 nights.
Famed for its long-tusked elephants, views of Mt. Kilimanjaro, and hundreds of species of bird, Amboseli National park is a photographer’s haven. The park’s name derives from the Maasai word for ‘salty-dust’, thanks to its barren desert-like plains, however, thanks to springs running off the mountain this land is teeming with life.
Elewana Tortilis Camp Amboseli is located on the southwestern edge of the park, facing the mountain and overlooking its own private conservancy—Kitirua Conservancy. The en suite tents are spacious, comfortable, and offer views of Mt. Kilimanjaro. The first eco-lodge of its size, the main lounge, bar, and dining area, have been built using natural materials, including classic thatched roofs, representative of the building style of the area.
Enjoy game drives in open-sided vehicles, exclusive access to Kitirua Conservancy, guided walks, bush breakfasts, cultural visits, and stunning sundowners.
SkySafari flight from Meru to Loisaba – 2 nights.
Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp is thoughtfully built on the edge of an escarpment in order to capitalise on unhindered views across the Loisaba Conservancy towards Mt. Kenya.
The luxury camp boasts a contemporary African style, with twelve airy, spacious, en suite tents. The communal areas include an open-air dining area, lounge, deck and one of Kenya’s most picturesque infinity pools. Many activities are available to the guests, including camel and horse riding, fishing, spending time with the anti-poaching sniffer dogs, day and night game drives as well as bush meals under African skies.
Loisaba Conservancy is a success story of conservation. Home to elephant, lion, wild dog, and an abundance of other species, Loisaba is a prime example of successful collaboration between conservation, communities, ranching, and tourism.
SkySafari flight from Loisaba to Masai Mara – 2 nights.
In a secluded location on the banks of the Sand River, Elewana Sand River Masai Mara is a tented lodge offering wildlife viewing off the beaten track.
Consisting of the main mess area and 16 tents, the canvas and wood build replicates the heyday of tented safaris of the 1920s. The spacious tents each feature a private deck and outdoor shower. Wildlife wanders in and out of the camp to cross the river below; this includes a large proportion of the three million wildebeest that move from the Serengeti into the Mara during the great migration.
Before or after your daily game drives, relax by the pool or take a book and lose yourself in your surroundings; visit local Masai villages; enjoy sundowners on the open Mara plains; eat breakfast in a dry river bed. This camp allows guests to experience ‘the bush’ in its natural form, without the loss of modern luxury.
SkySafari flight from Masai Mara to Serengeti – 2 nights.
Elewana Serengeti Migration Camp is set in a remote part of northern Serengeti amongst the rugged and rocky outcrops of northern Serengeti, overlooking the Grumeti River.
Built using natural wood and all-enveloping canvas, this classic yet comfortable camp, includes a split-level lounge, a swimming pool, and viewing platforms. The elevated wooden decks throughout the camp allow guests to engage in the drama of the wild directly below while affording 360° views of the dramatic Serengeti beyond.
The camp is situated right in the path of the wildebeest migration, which can be seen between July and August as they travel north to the Masai Mara, and again later towards the end of the year upon their return. However, visiting the camp should not be overlooked during other times of the year; the Serengeti is home to the richest plains-based ecosystem in the world.
SkySafari flight from Serengeti to Lake Manyara, road transfer to Ngorongoro – 2 nights.
Elewana The Manor at Ngorongoro lies hidden on Shangri-La Estate, a 1500-acre working Arabica coffee plantation, close to the Ngorongoro Crater.
A former farmhouse, the main building borrows heavily from Cape Dutch architecture and is surrounded by 20 guest cottages set in a lush verdant garden. Dark-wood floors, white walls, vaulted ceilings with exposed beams, antique furniture, and Persian rugs provide a decadent setting in which to enjoy a book by the open fire or a soak in the traditional claw-foot free-standing baths littered with rose petals.
Travellers can enjoy a walk or horse ride through the farm, a coffee tour to learn about the process of coffee farming or simply relax by the pool and enjoy the tranquil environment in the highlands.
SkySafari flight to Arusha, day-use room at Elewana Arusha Coffee Lodge en route to Kilimanjaro International Airport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
GREEN SEASON | 10 – 31 May
MID SEASON | 01 – 30 Jun, 01 Nov – 19 Dec
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jul – 31 Oct & 20 Dec – 04 Jan 2022
• There is a total baggage restriction of 23 kg on flights; soft bags must be used.
• The child rates are applicable to children under the age of 12 years sharing with 1 or 2 adults; a child in his/her own room will be charged 75% of the per person sharing rate (min 2 pax, max 3 pax).
• Single room supplement waived for the first single room per booking.
• An exclusive buy-out option is available for SkySafari itineraries, please contact your safari consultant for further details.
• In order to ensure the highest levels of safety and standards, our SkySafari executive Cessna Grand Caravan will be required to undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance works, in the event that this occurs, SkySafari will provide an alternative aircraft, from a third party, to undertake all flights commitments.
• Half board at Hemingways Nairobi and full board at all safari properties
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Park, conservancy fees, and Tourism Development Levy
• Safari activities, shared day game drives, and sundowners
• Guided bush walks and bush breakfasts at both Elewana Tortilis Amboseli and Loisaba Tented camps
• Horse riding/ camel trekking at Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp
• Maasai village visit at Elewana Sand River Masai Mara
• Spa treatments at Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp and The Manor at Ngorongoro
• Full day Ngorongoro crater tour and picnic lunch
• Day-room use at Elewana Arusha Coffee Lodge
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Flights in SkySafari executive aircraft (depending on the schedule of international outbound flight)
• VIP fast track at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
• All transfers, laundry, gratuities, and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits, and select wines
• Exclusive use of vehicle
• Additional spa and massage treatments
• Any items of a personal nature
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights and visa fees