Family Affair 2022
(Cottar’s Bush Villa)
• Experience three privately owned properties, while discovering three very diverse, renowned ecosystems.
• Encounter the tribal inhabitants of the areas, whose authentic, traditional, and colourful tribal ways remain relatively untouched.
• On Borana Conservancy, enjoy uninterrupted game viewing and discover world-renowned conservation initiatives.
• On Olderkesi Conservancy, learn from the renowned guides about the intricacies of the Mara ecosystem and the wildlife and people found therein.
• Considered the best beach in Kenya, Diani offers all of the activities of a beach visit in the seclusion of a lavish, opulent private villa.
Arrive Nairobi, fly to Borana – 3 nights.
Nestled into a ridge at the heart of Kenya’s 32,000-acre Borana Conservancy, is a luxury home styled and decorated with an appreciation for Masai culture.
Lengishu is built with locally sourced materials and designed to blend in with the surrounding environment. Expertly crafted by local artisans, the house features beautiful exposed Kenyan timber work while stone for the floors and intricate design features were excavated from the site itself. The main house is central to the design with a large entrance hall leading to a study and dining room. Four cottages, housing six bedrooms, are scattered around the main house, facing East in order to enjoy the sunrise.
Lengishu offers guests a gym, billiard table, infinity pool, studio, and pétanque pitch, as well as the opportunity to explore the surrounding conservancy and its conservation efforts.
Fly to Masai Mara – 4 nights.
The 7,000 acre untouched Olderkesi Conservancy provides tranquillity and an abundance of wildlife.
With sweeping views over the Masai Mara and Serengeti, the exclusive Cottar’s Bush Villa offers an abundance of wildlife, a guarantee of privacy, and the highest standards of professional guiding in a luxurious and elegant safari environment.
Built by hand using indigenous and eco-friendly materials, complete with a private swimming pool, Cottar’s Bush Villa provides a luxury private stay for up to 12 guests The villa is tastefully, yet minimally decorated with furniture specifically designed for each space.
Fly to Diani – 3 nights.
Alfajiri Villas provide privacy, exclusivity, and luxury on Kenya’s famous Diani beach.
Owner run and hosted, each opulent private villa has its own private swimming pool and access to the beach and warm water of the Indian Ocean. With delicious cuisine, the menus have a Mediterranean influence, with fresh produce sourced from local farms and of course the sea. Internationally recognised service is 24/7 and provided by a designated butler.
Enjoy the magnificent views and swim in the pool of your private villa, walk on the ten kilometre-long white sandy beach, relax and enjoy a massage, go snorkeling on the edge of the coral reef, play golf at the 18-hole course nearby, visit the Shimba Hills National Reserve or explore the local craft markets. Guests can do as little or as much as they like, hosts Marica and Fabrizio plan individual daily itineraries for their guests.
Fly to Nairobi, transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to another East African destination, or depart for home.
GREEN SEASON | 01 – 31 May, 01 – 30 Nov
MID SEASON | 11 Jan – 30 Apr
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jun – 31 Oct, 01 – 21 Dec
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights.
• This itinerary includes Alfajiri Garden Villa; rates for alternative Alfajiri Villas are available upon request.
• Minimum seven nights stay at Alfajiri Villas over the Festive Season (22 Dec to 06 Jan), with a minimum of four adults per villa.
• Exclusive use full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Park and conservancy fees
• Safari activities including day and night game drives, bush breakfasts, bush meals, and sundowners
• Exclusive use of safari vehicle along with private guide at Lengishu and Cottar’s Bush Villa
• Tracking black and white rhino on foot, mountain biking, behind-the-scenes conservation activities, and one horse riding excursion at Lengishu
• Running with a Maasai warrior, Maasai warrior school, Maasai singing and dancing, sustainability tour, and conservation and community tour at Cottar’s Bush Villa
• Coastal activities including ngalawa (Swahili boat) coral reef and snorkeling excursions, one daily massage per adult/teenager, cultural community visits, use of the gym at a nearby property at Alfajiri Garden Villa
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Meet and assist at JKIA, airport/airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees