On the 50,000-acre private Lolldaiga Hills on the foothills of Mount Kenya, The Safari Series is set deep in the bush overlooking a watering hole, frequented by abundant wildlife. The camp provides an experience unlike any other in Kenya: to take the keys to your own Series I, Series II, or Series III Land Rover and explore the wilderness.
Lolldaiga Hills shares an ecosystem that is similar to that of Borana Conservancy, Mount Kenya, and Samburu National Park; home to four of the Big Five; elephant, buffalo, lion, and leopard as well as an abundance of plains game and exceptional birdlife.
The intimate canvas camp of only six tents provides the ultimate adventure for guests looking for an authentic safari experience; exploring the conservancy on day and night game drives, discovering the Small Five on a guided bush walk, sleeping under the stars fly camping, or explore the ancient caves dotted with ancient rock art depicting the lives of the hunter-gatherers that called the Lolldaiga Hills home several thousand years ago.
Family owned and run, The Safari Series is run by Ed and Moon Hough who are committed to the camp being a ‘For A Lifetime. Not Once-In-A-Lifetime’ property through their promise to ‘Give a CCR:AP’. Their promise ensures that 100% of the nett profits are used to benefit Conservation, Communities and Research to ensure the sustainable future of the conservancy and the communities and wildlife that call it home.
– Self-drive day game drives in Series I, Series II & Series III Land Rovers
– Day & night game drives
– Guided bush walks
– Fly camping
– Cultural community visits
– Bush meals
– Children’s nature walks
– Ancient cave visits to view ancient rock art
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES
– 6 Safari Tents (double/single)
– Ensuite open-air bathrooms with safari showers, basins & flushing toilets
– Solar power with charging facilities
– Large deck for morning coffee
– Mess tent
– Communal dining or private dining on guest tents private deck
– Lounge area
– Water hole in front of camp
– Private charter flights to Lolldaiga Airstrip: approximately 60 minutes from camp
– Schedule flights to Nanyuki Airstrip: approximately 60 minutes flight from Nairobi
– Road transfers: approximately 4 hours from Nairobi
CHELI & PEACOCK RECOMMENDS
– A visit to the ancient caves in the Lolldaiga Hills to view some of Kenya’s oldest rock art
– Discovering the culture and way of life of the local Maasai communities; the Safari Series’ staff are all from the local communities and can provide an authentic insight into the traditional nomadic way of life
– Spending a night fly camping under the Kenyan stars
– A year-round safari destination with no seasonal rates
– Guests are able to choose between self-drive or guided game drives accompanied by qualified safari guides
– An ideal safari location for single travellers; there is no single supplement throughout the year
– A cost-effective, all-inclusive safari experience in close proximity to Nanyuki