– Explore the vibrant city of Kigali; discovering the art, history, and culture of Rwanda.
– Trek endangered mountain gorillas, experience the vibrant golden monkeys, and discover the ancient culture of the Batwa, the oldest inhabitants of the Central African rainforest in the Ugandan portion of the Virunga Mountains.
– This can be a safari on its own or an extension to another East African safari.
Properties Featured In Virunga Trek
GREEN SEASON | 01 Mar – 31 May & 01 Nov – 15 Dec
MID SEASON | 01 – 31 Oct
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jan – 28 Feb, 01 Jun – 30 Sept & 15 – 31 Dec
- Gorilla trekking is permitted for children aged 15 years and older
- Golden monkey experience is permitted for children aged 12 years and older
- Gorilla and Golden Monkey trekking begins at 07:00 am and guests are required to arrive at the park office at 06:40 am
- Bed & breakfast accommodation at The Retreat by Heaven in Superior King Suite;
- Full board accommodation at Mount Gahinga Lodge;
- Purified water and coffee/tea in the room at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Soft drinks, house & premium alcoholic drinks at Mount Gahinga Lodge;
- Park fees, conservancy fees, and all trekking permits;
- Full-day Kigali City Tour including lunch on Day 2;
- One golden monkey experience and one gorilla trekking experience;
- One 30-minute welcome massage per person (subject to availability) at The Retreat by Heaven;
- One 30-minute on-site cultural activity (cocktail making/banana wine making demonstration/ local culinary demonstration or neighbourhood walk – subject to availability – pre-booking required) at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Massage and spa treatments (subject to booking and availability at Mount Gahinga Lodge);
- Use of gym, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, and yoga terrace at The Retreat by Heaven;
- All road transfers mentioned in private transfers including snacks in the vehicle;
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure at Kigali International Airport;
- Akagera Aviation & AMREF Flying Doctors Membership;
- Airport transfers; and
- All statutory charges.
- Additional meals and drinks at The Retreat by Heaven;
- French champagne at Mount Gahinga Lodge;
- Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions;
- Spa treatments at The Retreat by Heaven;
- International flights and visa fees;
- All statutory increases beyond our control;
- Gratuities; and
- Any other extras.