Savannah To Seashore 2021
• Stay at owner run properties, while embracing the simplicity and serenity of beach life, as well as visiting the famous plains of the Masai Mara.
• Angama Mara guests’ enjoy prime wildlife viewing and breathtaking views over the Masai Mara.
• Home to 3 million large animals; more than half of whom come and go according to one of the world’s largest migrations; the Masai Mara area is one of the world’s largest wildlife sanctuaries and one of the most spectacular.
• Masai Mara is not only famed for its wildlife, travellers can also interact with authentic, traditional and colourful tribal communities.
• Considered the best beach in Kenya, Diani offers all of the activities of a beach visit in the seclusion of a lavish, opulent private villa.
Arrive Nairobi, fly to Masai Mara – 4 nights
Located on the edge of the Rift Valley, the Angama Mara’s views stretch for miles across the Masai Mara 300 metres below.
Guests have the opportunity to explore the culture and diversity of the Maasai people, walk along the escarpment, drive through the droves of wildebeest, float above the rivers and plains, or picnic on the crest of the Out of Africa movie kopje.
The decadent, spacious tented suites stretch out over two kopjes balanced on the rim of the valley overlooking endless plains below. End-to-end glass frontage offer views from the bed, the bath, the sitting area, and every angle of the en suite. The sweeping canvas rooves and polished parquet floors are reminiscent of a classical African safari. Red, sumptuous, soft furnishings stand out against the natural colours of the buildings and celebrate the red worn by the Masai peoples.
Fly to Diani, transfer to Alfajiri Villas – 3 nights
Alfajiri Villas provide privacy, exclusivity, and luxury on Kenya’s famous Diani beach.
Owner run and hosted, each opulent private villa has its own private swimming pool and access to the beach and warm water of the Indian Ocean. With delicious cuisine, the menus have a Mediterranean influence, with fresh produce sourced from local farms and of course the sea. Internationally recognised service is 24/7 and provided by a designated butler.
Enjoy the magnificent views and swim in the pool of your private villa, walk on the ten kilometre-long white sandy beach, relax and enjoy a massage, go snorkelling on the edge of the coral reef, play golf at the 18-hole course nearby, visit the Shimba Hills National Reserve or explore the local craft markets. Guests can do as little or as much as they like, hosts Marica and Fabrizio plan individual daily itineraries for their guests.
Fly to Wilson Airport, transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – Depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to include another of East Africa’s soft white beaches or safari destination, or depart for home.
MID SEASON | 01 May – 30 Jun, 01 – 30 Nov
HIGH SEASON | 01 Feb – 30 Apr, 01 – 31 Oct, 01 – 22 Dec
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights.
• This itinerary includes Alfajiri Beach Villa; rates for alternative villas available on request.
• Full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Park and conservancy fees
• Safari activities, including day game drives, guided bush walks and sundowners
• Activities including ngalawa (boat) coral reef or snorkelling excursions, one daily massage per adult/teenager, cultural community visits, use of the gym at a nearby property, chauffeured transport within Diani area, use of snorkelling equipment and golf clubs
• Meet and greet on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA)
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits, and select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights and visa fees