– Combine three of Rwanda’s famous National Parks and the vibrant city of Kigali while travelling in luxury.
– Experience the conservation success story of Akagera National Park; once on the brink of ruin due to human encroachment and poaching, now regenerated and is home to the Big Five as well as numerous plains game and one of Africa’s highest densities of hippo.
– Discover Nyungwe National Park, one of the oldest rainforests in Africa home to 140 orchid species, over 322 bird species, and 13 species of primate including Chimpanzee, Colobus, and L’Hoest’s monkeys.
– Trek endangered mountain gorillas, experience the vibrant golden monkeys, view an array of 200 bird species, or explore 62 million-year-old caves in the world-renowned Volcanoes National Park.
Properties Featured In Rwanda’s Plains, Rainforests & Primates
GREEN SEASON | 01 Mar – 31 May & 01 Nov – 14 Dec
MID SEASON | 06 Jan – 28 Feb
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jun – 31 Oct & 15 – 31 Dec
- Festive season rates (24th Dec – 5th Jan) available on request.
- Gorilla trekking is permitted for children aged 15 years and older.
- Chimpanzee trekking is permitted for children aged 15 years and older.
- Golden monkey experience is permitted for children aged 12 years and older.
- Gorilla and Golden Monkey trekking begins at 07:00 am and guests are required to arrive at the park office at 06:40 am.
- Chimpanzee trekking begins at 05:00 am and guests are required to arrive at the park office at 04:40 am.
- Bed & breakfast accommodation at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Full board accommodation at Magashi Camp, One & Only Nyungwe House, and Singita Kwitonda Lodge;
- Purified water and coffee/tea in the room at The Retreat by Heaven;
- All local beverages at Magashi Camp;
- Non-alcoholic beverages, beers, and house wines at One & Only Nyungwe House;
- Beverages including premium wines, spirits, and liqueurs at Singita Kwitonda Lodge;
- Park fees, conservancy fees, and all trekking permits;
- Full-day Kigali City Tour including lunch on Day 2;
- Twice daily scheduled camp activities at Magashi Camp (selected from day and night game drives, boating, guided nature walks, birding, and fishing);
- Two activities per person per day at One & Only Nyungwe House (archery, mountain biking, bird watching, guided nature walk, spear throwing, and star gazing);
- One chimpanzee trekking experience and one canopy walkway guided hike at Nyungwe National Park;
- One golden monkey experience and one gorilla trekking experience at Volcanoes National Park;
- One 30-minute welcome massage per person (subject to availability) at The Retreat by Heaven;
- One 30-minute on-site cultural activity (cocktail making/banana wine making demonstration/ local culinary demonstration or neighbourhood walk – subject to availability – pre-booking required) at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Use of gym, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and yoga terrace at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Use of trekking equipment including ponchos, gaiters, backpacks, and shoe cleaning at One & Only Nyungwe House;
- Laundry at Magashi Camp, One & Only Nyungwe House, and Singita Kwitonda Lodge;
- All road transfers mentioned in private transfers including snacks in the vehicle;
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure at Kigali International Airport;
- Akagera Aviation & AMREF Flying Doctors Membership;
- Airport transfers; and
- All statutory charges.
- Additional meals and drinks at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Champagne, cellar wines and premium spirits at Magashi Camp, One & Only Nyungwe House;
- French champagne at Singita Kwitonda Lodge;
- Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions;
- Spa treatments;
- International flights and visa fees;
- All statutory increases beyond our control;
- Laundry at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Gratuities; and
- Any other extras.