– Discover authentic Rwanda hospitality and luxury eco-tourism in two of Rwanda’s famous National Parks and the vibrant city of Kigali.
– Experience the conservation success story of Akagera National Park; once on the brink of ruin due to human encroachment and poaching, now regenerated and home to the Big Five as well as numerous plains game and one of Africa’s highest densities of hippo.
– Trek endangered mountain gorillas, experience the vibrant golden monkeys, view an array of 200 bird species or explore 62 million-year-old caves in the world-renowned Volcanoes National Park.
Properties Featured In Rwanda Wilderness Expedition
GREEN SEASON | 01 Mar – 31 May & 01 Nov – 14 Dec
MID SEASON | 16 Jan – 28 Feb
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jan – 15 Jan, 01 Jun – 31 Oct & 15 – 31 Dec0
- Gorilla trekking is permitted for children aged 15 years and older
- Golden monkey experience is permitted for children aged 12 years and older
- Gorilla and Golden Monkey trekking begins at 07:00 am and guests are required to arrive at the park office at 06:40 am
- Helicopter charters are subject to weather conditions and weight limit.
- To tailor the safari, please contact Cheli & Peacock Safaris.
- Bed & breakfast accommodation at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Full board accommodation at Magashi Camp and Bisate Lodge;
- Purified water and coffee/tea in room at The Retreat by Heaven;
- All local beverages at Magashi Camp and Bisate Lodge;
- Park fees, conservancy fees and all trekking permits;
- Full-day Kigali City Tour including lunch on Day 2;
- Twice daily scheduled camp activities at Magashi Camp (selected from day and night game drives, boating, guided nature walks, birding and fishing);
- Activities including guided birding and nature walks, nursery visit and indigenous tree planting, visits to the community beehive project, guided walks to the surrounding communities at Bisate Lodge;
- One golden monkey experience and one gorilla trekking experience at Volcanoes National Park;
- One 30 minute welcome massage per person (subject to availability) at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Helicopter transfer from Akagera National Park to Musanze;
- One 30 minute on-site cultural activity (cocktail making / banana wine making demonstration/ local culinary demonstration or neighbourhood walk – subject to availability – pre booking required) at The Retreat by Heaven;
- One in-villa welcome massage per person at Bisate Lodge;
- Use of gym, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and yoga terrace at The Retreat by Heaven;
- ‘Gym in a basket’ in villas at Bisate Lodge;
- Access to Bisate Kwanda day lounge at Bisate Lodge;
- Laundry at Magashi Camp and Bisate Lodge;
- All road transfers mentioned in private transfers including snacks in vehicle;
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure at Kigali International Airport;
- Akagera Aviation & AMREF Flying Doctors Membership;
- Airport transfers; and
- All statutory charges.
- Additional meals and drinks at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Premium imported brands of drinks/ champagne at Magashi Camp and Bisate Lodge;
- Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions;
- Spa treatments;
- International flights and visa fees;
- All statutory increases beyond our control;
- Laundry at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Gratuities; and
- Any other extras.