– Guided by a professional riding & safari guide, discover the Masai Mara on horseback; galloping amongst the wildebeest and zebra herds, returning to existing as a human in harmony with the environment.
– Riding between 4-7 hours a day, explore the private conservancies of the Masai Mara, experiencing the abundance of wildlife up close on the back of well-trained, evenly tempered safari horses.
– Spend evenings around the campfire in an exclusive private mobile camp set up in picturesque locations in the Masai Mara.
Properties Featured In Mara On Horseback
MID SEASON | 01 Jan – 31 May & 01 Nov – 19 Dec
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jun – 31 Oct & 20 – 31 Dec
- There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights, in soft bags.
- All rides are privately guided by a professional riding guide and conducted in the English style using French cavalry and English general-purpose saddles.
- Each day includes between 4 – 7 hours of horse riding, covering 20 – 30 kilometres per day. Full days of riding when moving camps are alternated with shorter riding days, riding out of camp in the morning and returning for lunch.
- An intermediate level of fitness and riding ability is required, with riders being confident at all paces and weighing under 95kgs. Beginner riders are not accepted.
- Masai Mara campsites are subject to availability, and conservancies included in the itinerary are subject to change.
- Bed & breakfast accommodation at Hemingways Nairobi
- Full board accommodation in exclusive use mobile tented camp in Masai Mara
- Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits in the Masai Mara
- Daily horse riding within the Masai Mara conservancies, guided by Professional Riding Guide & Kenya Professional Safari Guide
- Safari activities including day game drives in the Masai Mara
- Park and conservancy fees
- Late departure from the Masai Mara on Day 8
- Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
- Meet & assist on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Airport and airstrip transfers
- AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
- Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees