Kili Conquest 2022
• A gradual and breathtakingly beautiful climb to the roof of Africa; the highest free-standing mountain in the world.
• Avoid the crowds and ascend through the Afromontane forest to the edge of the remnants of the Shira Volcano.
• Circumnavigate the main peak, Kibo, passing the spectacular giant steps and glacial valleys.
• Leisurely route allowing for acclimatisation.
• Professional experienced mountain guides with first-class safety objectives including the latest technology, training, tools, communication, and support.
• Other routes are available on request
Arrive Kilimanjaro International Airport,transfer to Rivertrees Country Inn – 1 night.
Rivertrees Country Inn looks out toward Mt. Kilimanjaro and is perfectly situated for exploring the mountain.
A charming country estate that was once a coffee farm, the inn still retains the nostalgic air of a well-loved homestead on a 10-acre natural extension of Mt. Meru’s foothills. Rustic cottages are dotted along the river and in thickets of tall trees, while lush lawns and birdsong make for a peaceful and picturesque setting. Built in stages, the inn’s design makes the most of the riverine nooks and bends. The restaurant prepares rustic yet tasty meals from fresh ingredients grown in the gardens or purchased locally. The recipes are old family favourites and popular with regulars.
The outdoor massage banda can be found by taking a picturesque walk through the cultivated garden. There, a talented masseur will provide stress-relieving treatment.
Machame Route 6 nights.
This is a 7-day Kilimanjaro hike starting at Machame Gate.
From Machame Gate, hikers will ascend through the Afromontane forest and camp on the first night at the edge of the forest. The second day takes the party to the edge of the remnants of the Shira volcano. A steep incline takes walkers into the heath zone, filled with helichrysum and lobelia plants as well as various geologic features from lava tubes to glacial valleys. The third day is an ascent onto a steep, rocky ridge through heather and open moorlands, to Barranco Camp. The route then turns east and circumnavigates the main peak, Kibo, passing some spectacular features such as lava towers, giant steps, and glacial valleys. The final ascent is from Barafu camp, with a nighttime ascent to Uhuru Peak via Stella Point. The descent is via the Mweka route.
Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your Cheli & Peacock Safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
SINGLE SEASON | 01 Jan – 31 Dec
• This is a private itinerary, please contact us if you would prefer a scheduled departure
• Climbing the mountain is not like a normal safari, it is more strenuous and participants require a specific level of fitness. A fitness preparation guide is available
• A specific packing list will be supplied for the trip
• The trip is not suitable for children under the age of 9 yrs
• Pre- and post-climb accommodation at Rivertrees Country Inn on bed and breakfast basis
• Pre-trip briefing with climb manager and head guide
• Post-trip debriefing with climb manager
• Trained Kilimanjaro guides (1: 2 ratio)
• Camp crew, cook, and a great team of porters
• Airport transfers
• All relevant park fees
• Emergency medical evacuation
• Supplemental oxygen and pulse oximeters
• All accommodation and meals during the climb
• Sleeping tent with mattress
• Mess tent, stools, and toilet tent
• Sleeping bags, pillow, and 3-inch foam mats
• Drinks on the hike (potable water, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate)
• Guide Tips (recommended $300 per person)
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees
• Day room on the last day.