(El Karama Lodge)
• Experience 3 different ecosystems with a vast array of species
• Explore the 14,000 acres of private wilderness of El Karama Ranch, frequented by abundant wildlife
• Enjoy the exclusivity of Mara House; in the private Mara North conservancy, the best of the Masai Mara, with prime wildlife viewing
• El Karama’s Kids Bush School provides tailor made, educational safari activities for the children throughout your stay
• Experience two owner run and managed properties; El Karama Lodge & Alfajiri Villas
• Interact with authentic, traditional and colourful tribal communities
• Conservation & Community Opportunities – El Karama Community Initiatives, Asilia Giving
Arrive Nairobi. Fly to Nanyuki, road transfer to El Karama Lodge – 3 nights.
This award winning eco-lodge on 14,000 acres of private wilderness was designed, built and is operated by owners Murray and Sophie Grant.
The lodge’s safari cottages and river side tents are dotted on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River; frequented by the abundant wildlife that call El Karama home, including four of the Big 5. Designed as a ‘home-away-from-home’ the passion for family, sustainability and home grown produce is prominent throughout El Karama; from farm to fork meals enjoyed by the eco swimming pool to tailor made Kids Bush School activities and adventure fly camping, El Karama is an ideal family safari destination.
Fly to Mara North Conservancy, Masai Mara – 3 nights.
Beginning as a small safari cottage built by two 3rd generation families, Mara Bush Houses now provide private bush homes in the heart of the Masai Mara.
The three bedroom Mara House sits on the private Mara North Conservancy; shared by only 11 properties, the 70,000 acre conservancy is home to abundant year-round game viewing and allows guests to explore the wilderness on night game drives and guided bush walks. The perfect family home in the bush, Mara House offers extensive children’s safari activities, a shared swimming pool as well as views over the waterhole from the spacious verandah.
Fly to Ukunda, Diani – 3 nights.
Alfajiri Villas provide privacy, exclusivity and luxury on Kenya’s famous Diani beach.
Owner run and hosted, each private villa provides 24 hour service, a private swimming pool and access to the beach and warm water of the Indian Ocean. With delicious cuisine and outstanding service as their hallmarks, hosts Marica and Fabrizio plan individual daily itineraries for their clients. Enjoy the magnificent views and swim in the pool of your private villa, walk on the ten kilometre-long white sandy beach, go snorkeling on the edge of the coral reef or explore the local craft markets.
Fly to Nairobi, transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to another East African destination, or depart for home.
GREEN SEASON | 01 Apr – 31 May
MID SEASON | 01 – 31 Mar, 01 – 15 Jun, 01 Oct – 15 Dec
HIGH SEASON | 06 Jan -28 Feb, 16 – 30 Jun, 01 Aug – 30 Sept, 16 Dec – 05 Jan 2020
• Internal flights – Baggage restriction of 15kgs on all flights preferably in small bags
• Minimum 7-night stay at Alfajiri Villas during Christmas season (22 Dec – 06 Jan).
• Full board accommodation
• Family cottage at El Karama Lodge, exclusive use of Mara House and Garden Villa at Alfajiri Villas
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits
• Exclusive use of safari vehicle at Mara House
• Park and conservancy fees
• Safari activities including day & night game drives, guided bush walks, adventure fly camping (El Karama Lodge), boma & ranch visits (El Karama Lodge), children’s bush school (El Karama Lodge), sundowners & bush meals
• Coastal activities including Ngalawa (local African boat) coral reef or snorkeling excursions, massages, cultural community visits, use of gym and sauna at nearby property
• Scheduled flights & domestic flight departure tax
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes.
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees