Explorer’s Favourite 2022
(Elewana Elephant Pepper Camp)
(Elewana Lewa Safari Camp)
(Elewana Tortilis Camp)
• Cover three very different types of ecosystems while travelling in luxury; encounter their inhabitants, whose authentic, traditional and colourful tribal ways remain relatively untouched.
• In Amboseli National Park, experience incredible views of Mount Kilimanjaro and witness some of Africa’s largest elephants.
• Lewa Wildlife Conservancy is home to over 130 white and black rhino and the largest concentration of Grevy’s zebra in the world.
• On a private conservancy, Elewana Elephant Pepper Camp guests enjoy prime wildlife viewing in an exclusive bush setting.
• There are a number of conservation and community opportunities: Land & Life Foundation, Lewa Conservancy Rhino and Grevy’s Zebra conservation, Lewa Education Programme and the Amboseli Elephant Research Trust.
Arrive Nairobi, fly to Amboseli – 3 nights.
Famed for its long-tusked elephants, views of Mt. Kilimanjaro, and hundreds of species of bird, Amboseli National park is a photographer’s heaven. The park’s name derives from the Maasai word for ‘salty-dust’, thanks to its barren desert-like plains, however, thanks to springs running off the mountain this land is teeming with wildlife.
Elewana Tortilis Camp Amboseli is located on the southwestern edge of the park, facing the mountain and overlooking its own private conservancy—Kitirua Conservancy. The en suite tents are spacious, comfortable and offer views of Mt. Kilimanjaro. The first eco-lodge of its size, the main lounge, bar, and dining area, have been built using natural materials, including classic thatched roofs, representative of the building style of the area.
Enjoy game drives in open-sided vehicles, exclusive access to Kitirua Conservancy, guided walks, bush breakfasts, cultural visits, and stunning sundowners.
Fly to Lewa Conservancy, Elewana Lewa Safari Camp – 3 nights.
Lewa is a private conservancy practicing cutting-edge wildlife conservation, responsible for reversing the decline of wildlife populations. The conservancy is a safe refuge for the critically endangered black rhino and the endangered Grevy’s zebra, as well as elephant, lion, giraffe, and wild dog. Visitors are therefore privy to some of the most spectacular wildlife viewing that Kenya has to offer.
Elewana Lewa Safari Camp is a small, comfortable, and relaxing retreat in the heart of Lewa. Featuring large tented bedrooms with verandahs and en suite bathrooms, the camp offers authentic comfort for its visitors. The main mess area is warmed by cozy log fires, perfect for relaxing after a day in the Conservancy.
Experience wildlife day and night game drives, guided walks, lion tracking, bird viewing, bush breakfasts and sundowners, evening horse or camel rides, and local cultural visits or relax by the pool soaking up the spectacular wilderness.
Fly to Mara North Conservancy, Masai Mara – 3 nights.
Elewana Elephant Pepper Camp is located in the heart of the 70,000 acre Mara North Conservancy, with a minimum ratio of 350 acres per guest bed.
Set in a mixed grove of fig and pepper trees, ten spacious safari tents provide traditional, luxurious safari accommodation. Wildlife wanders across the plains in front of camp and at night, the roar of lions, call of the leopard, and trumpeting of the elephants close by are reassurance of being at one with the wild; no fences, no boundaries.
Not only are the game drives outstanding; as the conservancy is restricted to those vehicles belonging to camps within the conservancy; but the camp is perfectly located to observe the spectacle that is one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the wildebeest migration. Sitting outside of the Masai Mara Game Reserve allows for evening game drives and guided bush walks, led by highly skilled guides.
Depart the Masai Mara on your flight to Nairobi.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
MID SEASON | 04 Jan – 31 Mar, 01 – 30 Jun, 01 Nov – 19 Dec
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jul – 31 Oct & 20 Dec – 03 Jan
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights.
• Depending on passenger loads, the Lewa to Masai Mara scheduled flight routing may be via Wilson Airport.
• The minimum age for guided bush walks is 16 years old.
• There are no Green Season rates as Elewana Elephant Pepper Camp is closed from 01 Apr – 31 May 2022.
• Full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Park and conservancy fees
• One day in the Masai Mara Reserve
• Safari activities including shared scheduled game drives, bush breakfasts, sundowners, and guided bush walks
• Night game drives at Elewana Elephant Pepper Camp
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Meet and assist on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees