Conservation Crusade 2021
(Elewana Kifaru House)
(Richard’s River Camp)
• These four locations are some of the most exclusive and spectacular safari destinations in Kenya.
• Experience the first black rhino tracking experience in East Africa, in Africa’s first community-owned and run conservancy.
• On both Sera Community Conservancy and Lewa Conservancy gain first-hand knowledge of their award-winning conservation efforts.
• Encounter the tribal inhabitants of Samburu, Lewa, and the Mara, whose authentic, traditional, and colourful tribal ways remain relatively untouched.
• There are a number of conservation and community opportunities, including the Mara Elephant Project, Pack For A Purpose, Reteti Elephant Sanctuary, and Il Ngwesi Cultural Boma.
Arrive Nairobi, fly to Samburu – 2 nights.
Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in Kalama Conservancy, bordering Samburu National Reserve, with over 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness teeming with wildlife.
Guided by Samburu warriors passionate about their land and culture, one learns gains first-hand knowledge about their fascinating customs and ancient knowledge about the land and animals. Comprised of six luxury villas with spectacular views over the Northern Frontier and Mount Kenya, the lodge is celebrated for its innovative eco-chic design as well as Italian-inspired cuisine. Guests can enjoy vast panoramas from the dining and lounge area, two infinity pools and a spa. The warm hospitality creates an intimate and exceptional experience.
Road transfer to Sera Community Conservancy, Saruni Rhino – 2 nights.
In partnership with Sera Community Conservancy, Saruni Rhino provides an intimate, unique and exclusive experience in Kenya’s wild northern frontier.
In the heart of the 350,000 hectare conservancy, three open-faced stone bandas accommodate a maximum of 8 guests. A communal dining area, lounge and swimming pool overlook the dry Kauro riverbed and camp waterhole frequented by wildlife throughout the year. Saruni Rhino balances the origins of safari with cutting edge conservation; offering the first black rhino tracking experience in East Africa, in Africa’s first community owned and run sanctuary, ‘Sera Rhino Sanctuary’. Experience the critically endangered black rhino in its natural habitat for the first time in 30 years and discover this arid, remote landscape and abundant wildlife with native Samburu guides.
Road transfer to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Elewana Kifaru House – 3 nights.
Taking its name from the Kiswahili word for rhino, Kifaru House sits on the northern foothills of Mt. Kenya on the 65,000 acre privately owned Lewa Wildlife Conservancy – home to East Africa’s healthiest black and white rhino populations.
Five charming thatched cottages are tucked away in an oasis of vibrant lawns overlooking the vast Lewa plains. The elegant dining and sitting room lead out on to a spacious terrace where meals are enjoyed Al fresco while watching wildlife at the waterhole below. A tranquil retreat, Kifaru House provides an exclusive safari experience and opportunity to discover this world renowned wildlife conservancy.
Fly to Mara North Conservancy, Richard’s River Camp – 3 nights.
Situated on the banks of the Njageteck River in the Mara North Conservancy, Richard’s River Camp allows for total privacy and exclusivity.
Nearby springs attract wildlife to the camp, which is known for its resident lion pride. With only seven tents, the camp is ideal for those who want to experience the Masai Mara in a personal, intimate setting. Beautifully appointed with furnishings and fabrics collected on the owner’s travels, the casually-luxurious tented camp combines exceptional wildlife with a contemporary Out of Africa experience. Enjoy day and night game drives, birding and scenic bush walks, sundowners, bush meals and cultural visits to a nearby Masai village.
Fly to Nairobi. Day use room at Hemingways Nairobi.
Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Ariport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
GREEN SEASON | 01 Apr – 31 May
MID SEASON | 01 – 31 Mar, 01 – 30 Nov
HIGH SEASON | 07 Jan – 28 Feb, 01 Jun – 30 Oct, 01 Dec – 02 Jan 2022
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights.
• Single travellers may be charged an excess if there are no other passengers booked on their internal flight.
• A child, 12 to 17 years old, in his/her own room will be charged single room rate.
• Rhino Tracking experience at Saruni Rhino is available to children above the age of 16 yrs
• Peak periods such as Easter & Festive Season will incur additional supplements.
• Full board accommodation
• Day room at Hemingways Nairobi
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Park and conservancy fees
• Safari activities including shared game drives, bush meals and sundowners
• One rhino tracking experience per person per day and night game drives at Saruni Rhino
• Night game drives and one complimentary 30 min back massage per room per stay at Saruni Samburu
• Exclusive use of safari vehicle per group and guided bush walks at Elewana Kifaru House
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Meet and assist at JKIA, airport/airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Meals, drinks and additional extras at Hemingways Nairobi
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees.