A Safari Wander 2021
(Tumaren Camp & Karisia Walking Safaris)
• Guided by members of Kenya’s most highly regarded guides, guests are immersed in the quietude of two of Kenya’s most authentic safari experiences
• In Laikipia, leave the car behind and experience the smells, sights and sounds of the bush, while considering the great need to preserve the ecology, wildlife and peoples of the surroundings
• Walk with members of the Tumaren community and learn the art of tracking
• Enjoy the company of camels who carry all of the equipment from campsite to campsite
• Explore the best of the Masai Mara, game driving in some of the most renowned wildlife areas, as well as visiting some of the more hidden exclusive areas
• On a private conservancy, Ngare Serian guests enjoy prime wildlife viewing, with one of the highest concentrations of lion in the world
Fly to Nanyuki, transfer to Laikipia Classic Mobile – 3 nights.
Personalised and family-run, the walking safaris are supported by camels.
The trips offer a fascinating perspective on not only the diverse wildlife but also their habitats. On foot, you fine tune your senses and learn from the knowledgeable guides. A train of friendly camels carry the luxury safari camps to remote and splendid locations each day – a traditional adventure and an exhilarating safari experience.
Private charter to Nanyuki. Fly to Masai Mara – 3 nights.
A small, intimate classic camp with tasteful interiors on the banks of the Mara river.
Built along the riverbank, the tents’ private verandahs, open bathrooms and outdoor bathtubs provide the perfect look out for hippo pods in the Mara river and views over the Olooloo Escarpment. Mara North Conservancy offers undisturbed wildlife viewing and endless walking opportunities with knowledgeable guides.
Fly to Wilson Airport in Nairobi, transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Depart.
End of your Cheli & Peacock Safari.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
MID SEASON | 06 Jan – 30 Jun, 01 Oct – 14 Dec 2021
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jul – 30 Sept 2021
• Internal flights – Baggage restriction of 15kgs on all flights preferably in small bags
• Internal flights – Single travellers may be charged an excess if there are no other passengers booked on their flight
• A child, 12 to 17 years old, in his/her own room will be charged single room rate
• A moderate level of fitness is required, however, the walking programme can be adapted based on the abilities of each group
• Full board accommodation
• Walking safari with camels in Laikipia
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits
• Park and conservancy fees
• Visits to local manyattas and markets (Tuesdays and Wednesdays only) and rock climbing at Karisia Luxury Mobile
• Safari activities including day and night game drives, full or half-day guided walks, sundowners and bush meals at Ngare Serian
• Exclusive use of safari vehicle along with private guide and spotter at Ngare Serian
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Meet and assist on arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees