Private Pilgrimage 2021
(Cottar’s Bush Villa)
• Experience two privately owned properties, while covering two very different, but renowned ecosystems.
• Encounter the tribal inhabitants of the areas, whose authentic, traditional and colourful tribal ways remain relatively untouched.
• On Olderkesi Conservancy, learn from the renowned guide, Calvin Cottar, about the intricacies of the Mara ecosystem and the wildlife and people found therein.
• Considered the best beach in Kenya, Diani offers all of the activities of a beach visit in the seclusion of a lavish, opulent private villa.
Arrive Nairobi, fly to Masai Mara – 3 nights
The 7,000 acre untouched Cottar’s Private Conservancy provides tranquillity and an abundance of wildlife.
Cottar’s Bush Villa recently won the World Travel Award for Africa’s Leading Luxury Private Villa 2016 and is Global Eco-sphere Retreat accredited. With sweeping views over the Masai Mara and Serengeti, the exclusive private bush villa offers guaranteed privacy and the highest standards of professional guiding in a luxurious and elegant safari environment.
Built by hand using indigenous and eco-friendly materials, complete with a private swimming pool, Cottar’s Bush Villa provides a private stay for up to 12 guests. The villa is tastefully, yet minimally decorated with furniture specifically designed for each space.
Fly to Diani – 3 nights
Alfajiri Villas provide privacy, exclusivity, and luxury on Kenya’s famous Diani beach.
Owner run and hosted, each opulent private villa has its own private swimming pool and access to the beach and warm water of the Indian Ocean. With delicious cuisine, the menus have a Mediterranean influence, with fresh produce sourced from local farms and of course the sea. Internationally recognised service is 24/7 and provided by a designated butler.
Enjoy the magnificent views and swim in the pool of your private villa, walk on the ten kilometre-long white sandy beach, relax and enjoy a massage, go snorkelling on the edge of the coral reef, play golf at the 18-hole course nearby, visit the Shimba Hills National Reserve or explore the local craft markets. Guests can do as little or as much as they like, hosts Marica and Fabrizio plan individual daily itineraries for their guests.
Fly to Wilson Airport, transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
GREEN SEASON | 01 – 31 May, 01 – 30 Nov
MID SEASON | 01 – 30 Jun
HIGH SEASON | 03 Jan – 30 Apr, 01 Jul – 31 Oct & 01 – 19 Dec
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights.
• Rates for the Festive Season (22 Dec 2021 to 07 Jan 2022) available upon request.
• This itinerary includes Alfajiri Garden Villa; rates for alternative Alfajiri Villas are available upon request.
• Minimum seven nights stay at Alfajiri Villas over the Festive Season (22 Dec 2021 to 05 Jan 2022), with a minimum of four adults per villa.
• Exclusive use full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Park and conservancy fees
• Safari activities including day and night game drives, bush meals and sundowners, running with a Maasai warrior, Maasai warrior school, traditional canvas bush baths, Maasai singing, and dancing, sustainability tour, life of a hunter-gatherer tour, and conservation and community tour at Cottar’s Bush Villa
• Coastal activities including ngalawa (Swahili boat) coral reef and snorkelling excursions, one daily massage per adult/teenager, cultural community visits, use of gym at nearby property
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Meet and assist at JKIA, airport/airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits and select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights and visa fees