Northern Odyssey 2022
(Ngorongoro Crater Lodge)
Serengeti & Grumeti Reserve
(Singita Faru Faru Lodge)
• This is as sumptuous as safari gets; lavish properties and exquisite locations.
• Avoid the crowds and indulge in an abundance of wildlife from private locations.
• Experience the best that Tanzania has to offer including the ultimate iconic safari areas; UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti.
• Hike Empakaai Crater, a caldera that contains Empakaai Lake, an 85-metre deep alkaline pool that envelops three-quarters of the crater floor.
• Visit The Hadzabe Tribe, who live on the edge of Lake Eyasi, one of the last remaining hunter-gatherer tribes, with a population of less than 2,000; the
• Hadzabe are not genetically closely related to any other people.
• At Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important paleoanthropological sites in the world, see the site excavated and researched by Louis and Mary Leakey.
Arrive Kilimanjaro International Airport, road transfer to Arusha.
Fly to Manyara, road transfer to Ngorongoro – 2 nights.
The lodge occupies the prime position on the edge of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ngorongoro Crater.
Ngorongoro Crater Lodge offers simply magnificent views of the crater floor. The Maasai and European-inspired architecture and interior design offer opulent and unique accommodation. Each private room has a viewing deck overlooking the crater. Inspired by Maasai manyattas, the outside of each of the buildings is deliberately unfinished and packed with mud.
Enjoy game drives into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and bush walks around the lodge, as well as trips to Olduvai Gorge and Empakaai Crater. Spend the day with the Hadzabe people, ancient hunter-gatherers who inhabit the land near Lake Eyasi, and witness their unchanged, traditional way of life and harmony with the earth.
Ngorongoro Crater, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1978, is a geological spectacle.
The 260 square kilometre caldera was formed three million years ago when an active volcano exploded. The mineral-rich pastures of the largely flat crater floor have turned this into a wildlife haven. Over 25,000 large mammals call the area home, many of whom are endangered, such as the black rhino and wild dog. Lake Magadi, (not to be confused with the lake of the same name in Kenya) which sits in the middle of the crater floor contains alkaline soda water inhabited by blue-green algae. Flamingo and a number of other bird species feed off the algae and congregate in large numbers. Along the shores of the lake, Lerai Forest, a dense yellow fever woodland is frequented by a healthy population of leopard.
Transfer to Manyara. Fly to Grumeti – 3 nights.
Positioned on the renowned migratory route in Northern Tanzania’s Grumeti Reserve, this riverine lodge is a place where you can quite literally expect the unexpected.
This award-winning camp is built on a bluff within 100 metres of the Grumeti River, well placed to view both resident and migrating wildlife. Informal, unconventional and surprising at every turn, Singita Faru Faru Lodge is a mix of contemporary, organic style and the quirky practicality of a traditional 1950s botanists’ camp. The nine suites are stylish and quirky, with large sliding glass front windows that allow guests to connect with the Serengeti wilderness. The service is exemplary and the cuisine is sumptuous, with meals prepared in an interactive kitchen and eaten in one of many airy enclaves. Two swimming pools and a spa and fitness centre are welcome modern additions to this intimate property.
Fly to Kilimanjaro International Airport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
MID SEASON | 01 Mar – 31 May, 01 Nov – 14 Dec
HIGH SEASON | 11 Jan – 28 Feb, 01 Jun – 31 Oct & 15 Dec – 05 Jan
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights.
• Full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Safari activities including shared scheduled game drives
• Tennis (at Singita Sasakwa Lodge) at Singita Faru Faru Lodge
• Full day crater tour and crater fee
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits, and select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights and visa fees