Northern Odyssey 2021
(Ngorongoro Crater Lodge)
Serengeti & Grumeti Reserve
(Singita Faru Faru Lodge)
• This is as sumptuous as safari gets; lavish properties and exquisite locations.
• Avoid the crowds and indulge in an abundance of wildlife from private locations.
• Experience the best that Tanzania has to offer including the ultimate iconic safari areas; the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti.
• Hike Empakaai Crater, a caldera that contains Empakaai Lake, an 85-metre deep alkaline pool that envelops three-quarters of the crater floor.
• Visit The Hadzabe Tribe, who live on the edge of Lake Eyasi, one of the last remaining hunter-gatherer tribes, with a population of less than 2,000; the Hadzabe are not genetically closely related to any other people.
• At Olduvai Gorge, one of the most important palaeoanthropological sites in the world, see the site excavated and researched by Louis and Mary Leakey.
Arrive Kilimanjaro International Airport, road transfer to Arusha.
Fly to Manyara – 2 nights.
Occupying the prime position on the edge of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ngorongoro Crater, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge offers simply magnificent views of the crater floor and some of the most opulent and unique accommodation in Africa. Blending Masai and European inspired architecture and interior design, each private room has a viewing deck overlooking the crater. Enjoy game drives into the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and bush walks around the lodge.
Ngorongoro Crater, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1978 is a geological spectacle – a 260 square kilometre caldera which was formed three million years ago when a giant active volcano exploded. The mineral rich pastures of the largely flat crater floor have turned this into a wildlife haven.
Transfer to Manyara. Fly to Grumeti – 3 nights.
Positioned on the renowned migratory route in Northern Tanzania’s Grumeti Reserve, this riverine lodge is a place where you can quite literally expect the unexpected.
Informal, unconventional and surprising at every turn, Singita Faru Faru Lodge is a mix of contemporary, organic style and the quirky practicality of a traditional botanist’s camp. The nine suites are stylish and quirky, the service is exemplary and the cuisine is sumptuous. With such close proximity to the river and plains, guests have the opportunity to experience a very close connection with the Serengeti wilderness.
Fly to Kilimanjaro International Airport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
MID SEASON | 01 Mar – 31 May, 01 Nov – 14 Dec
HIGH SEASON | 11 Jan – 28 Feb, 01 Jun – 31 Oct & 15 Dec – 05 Jan 2022
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights.
• Single travellers may be charged an excess if there are no other passengers booked on their internal flight.
• A child under 16 years of age in his or her own room will be charged the single room rate.
• Full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Safari activities including shared scheduled game drives
• Guided bush walks and tennis (at Singita Sasakwa Lodge) at Singita Faru Faru Lodge
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Champagne, luxury spirits, and select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights and visa fees