Mount Kilimanjaro Conquest
• A gradual and breathtakingly beautiful climb to the roof of Africa – the highest free standing mountain in the world!
• Avoid the crowds and ascend through afromontane forest to the edge of the remnants of the Shira volcano
• Circumnavigate the main peak, Kibo, passing the spectacular giant steps and glacial valleys
• Leisurely route allowing for acclimatisation
• Professional, experienced mountain guides with first-class safety objectives including the latest technology, training, tools, communication and support
• Other routes are available on request.
Arrive Kilimanjaro International Airport,transfer to Rivertrees Country Inn – 1 night.
Rivertrees Country Inn looks out toward Mt. Kilimanjaro and is perfectly situated for exploring the mountain.
A charming country estate that was once a coffee farm, the Inn still retains the nostalgic air of a well loved homestead on a 10 acre natural extension of Mt. Meru’s foothills. Rustic cottages are dotted along the river and in thickets of tall trees, while lush lawns and birdsong make for a peaceful and picturesque setting.
Machame Route 6 nights.
This is a 7 day Kilimanjaro hike starting at Machame gate, ascending through afromontane forest and then into the heath zone and on to the edge of the remnants of the Shira volcano.
The route then circumnavigates the main peak, Kibo, passing some spectacular features such as giant steps and glacial valleys. The final ascent is from Barafu camp – a night time ascent to Uhuru Peak via Stella Point. The descent is via the Mweka route.
Sadly, the end of your Cheli & Peacock Safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
SINGLE SEASON | 01 Jan – 31 Dec
• This is a private itinerary, please contact us if you would prefer a scheduled departure
• Climbing the mountain is not like a normal safari, it is more strenuous and participants require a specific level of fitness. A fitness preparation guide is available
• A specific packing list will be supplied for the trip
• The trip is not suitable for children under the age of 9 yrs
• Rates available on request for groups larger than 8 pax.
• Pre & post climb accommodation at Rivertrees Country Inn on bed & breakfast basis
• Pre trip briefing with climb manager and head guide
• Post trip debriefing with climb manager
• Trained Kilimanjaro guides (1: 2 ratio)
• Camp crew, cook & a great team of porters
• Airport transfers (Kilimanjaro or Arusha Airport to Lodge x 2)
• All relevant Park fees and rescue fees
• Emergency medical evacuation
• Supplemental oxygen & pulse oximeters
• All accommodation and meals during the climb
• Sleeping tent with mattress, mess tent, stools & toilet tent
• Drinks on the hike (potable water, tea, coffee & hot chocolate)
• Sleeping bags, pillow & 3 inch foam mats.
• Guide Tips (recommended $300 per person)
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees
• Day room on the last day.