(Elewana Elsa’s Kopje)
(Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp)
• Discover Meru National Park; recognised as having East Africa’s largest diversity of animal species
• With their original safari heirlooms from the 1920’s, Cottars 1920’s Safari Camp is owned and run by the Cottar family
• Interact with authentic, traditional and colourful tribal communities
• The original luxury safari experience in elegant lodges & camps
• Conservation & Community Opportunities – Meru Rhino Sanctuary, Land & Life Foundation & Maasai cultural visits.
Arrive Nairobi, fly to Meru, 3 nights.
The Meru National Park offers a diversity of animals unrivalled by any other park in East Africa. A boutique lodge, Elsa’s Kopje is sculpted around the Mughwango hill, the individual open-fronted cottages offer sweeping views over the Meru plains. Elsa’s Kopje is named after Elsa the lioness from the book ‘Born Free’. Fish in the streams and meander back to camp on a night game drive, listening for the calls of the wild.
Fly to Masai Mara, Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp, 4 nights.
The 7,000 acre untouched Cottar’s Private Conservancy provides tranquility and an abundance of wildlife. With an ambience reminiscent of the 1920s era with stunning and spacious white canvas tents, Cottar’s is an exclusive luxury safari experience. Explore the wilderness on game drives or game walks, visit the local Maasai community or indulge in luxury spa treatments.
Depart the Masai Mara on your flight to Nairobi.
Sadly, the end of your Cheli & Peacock Safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
GREEN SEASON | 03 Apr – 31 May
MID SEASON | 05 Jan – 02 Apr, 01 – 30 Jun, 01 Nov – 19 Dec
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jul – 31 Oct, 20 – 31 Dec
• Internal flights – Baggage restriction of 15kgs on all flights preferably in small bags
• Internal flights – Single travellers may be charged an excess if there are no other passengers booked on their flight
• Kenya Wildlife Service charges a supplement of US$20 per night game drive and per game walk per person while staying at Elsa’s Kopje.
• Full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits
• Park and conservancy fees
• One day in the Masai Mara Reserve
• Safari activities including game drives
• Scheduled flights & domestic flight departure tax
• Airport & airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry & all statutory taxes.
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees