Conservation Crusade 2022
(Elewana Kifaru House)
(Richard’s River Camp)
• These four locations are some of the most exclusive and spectacular safari destinations in Kenya.
• Experience the first black rhino tracking experience in East Africa, in Africa’s first community-owned and run conservancy.
• On both Sera Community Conservancy and Lewa Conservancy gain first-hand knowledge of their award-winning conservation efforts.
• Encounter the tribal inhabitants of Samburu, Lewa, and the Mara, whose authentic, traditional, and colourful tribal ways remain relatively untouched.
• There are a number of conservation and community opportunities, including the Mara Elephant Project, Pack For A Purpose, Reteti Elephant Sanctuary, and Il Ngwesi Cultural Boma.
Arrive Nairobi, fly to Samburu – 2 nights.
Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in Kalama Conservancy, bordering Samburu National Reserve, with access to over 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness teeming with wildlife.
The lodge is celebrated for its innovative eco-chic design; seamlessly following the natural line of the mountainside that it is built into. The rock face forms the back wall of each of the six luxury villas, while the front of the villas open to spectacular views of the Northern Frontier and Mount Kenya.
Guided by Samburu warriors passionate about their land and culture, guests gain first-hand knowledge about their fascinating customs and ancient knowledge. The guides know the land inside-out and will take guests on a journey of discovery.
Road transfer to Sera Community Conservancy, Saruni Rhino – 2 nights.
In partnership with Sera Community Conservancy, Saruni Rhino provides an intimate, unique, and exclusive experience in Kenya’s wild northern frontier.
In the heart of the 350,000-hectare conservancy, three open-faced stone bandas accommodate a maximum of eight guests. The shared area is simple and rustic, yet accommodating and comfortable. Furniture can be moved into the doum palm-lined dry river bed to stargaze at night.
Saruni Rhino balances the origins of safari with cutting-edge conservation; offering the first black rhino tracking experience in East Africa, in Africa’s first community-owned and run sanctuary, ‘Sera Rhino Sanctuary’. Guests also get a once-in-a-lifetime chance to experience The Singing Wells, a series of natural and excavated wells where the local community takes their livestock to drink. Proprietary songs attract the owners’ livestock to troughs where water is drawn up from the deep.
Road transfer to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Elewana Kifaru House – 3 nights.
Kifaru House sits on the northern foothills of Mt. Kenya on the 65,000 acre Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, home to East Africa’s healthiest rhino population.
Five charming thatched cottages are tucked away in an oasis of vibrant lawns overlooking the vast Lewa plains. The elegant dining and sitting room, built from sustainable and salvaged materials, lead out onto a spacious terrace where meals are enjoyed al fresco while watching wildlife at the waterhole below. The excellent library, set with a log fire, allows guests to sink into cozy sofas while identifying wildlife, seen earlier in the day, from the many reference books.
A tranquil retreat tucked away in an oasis of vibrant lawns, Kifaru House provides an exclusive safari experience and opportunity to discover this world-renowned wildlife conservancy.
Fly to Mara North Conservancy, Richard’s River Camp – 3 nights.
Situated on the banks of the Njageteck River in the Mara North Conservancy, Richard’s River Camp allows for total privacy and exclusivity.
Built predominantly from canvas and wood, this eco-camp is set near a spring that attracts wildlife to the camp, which is known for its resident lion pride. With only seven tents, the camp is ideal for those who want to experience the Masai Mara in a personal, intimate setting. Beautifully appointed with furnishings and fabrics collected on the owners’ travels, the casually luxurious tented camp combines exceptional wildlife with a contemporary Out of Africa experience.
For three generations, the family that built this camp has played an integral role in conservation in Kenya. In 2011, they founded the Mara Elephant Project (MEP), which has been instrumental in mitigating the human-wildlife conflict that plagued the communities in the area, as well as reducing elephant poaching.
Fly to Nairobi. Day use room at Hemingways Nairobi.
Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport – depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
GREEN SEASON | 01 Apr – 31 May
MID SEASON | 07 Jan – 31 Mar, 01 – 30 Nov
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jun – 31 Oct, 01 Dec – 02 Jan
• There is a baggage restriction of 15 kgs on all internal flights.
• Rhino Tracking experience at Saruni Rhino is available to children above the age of 16 yrs
• Peak periods such as Easter & Festive Season will incur additional supplements.
• Full board accommodation
• Day room at Hemingways Nairobi
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines, and selected spirits
• Park and conservancy fees
• Safari activities including shared game drives, bush meals, guided bush walks, and sundowners
• One rhino tracking experience per person per day and night game drives at Saruni Rhino
• Night game drives and one complimentary 30 min back & neck massage (30 minutes) per room per stay at Saruni Samburu
• Scheduled flights and domestic flight departure tax
• Meet and assist at JKIA, airport/airstrip transfers
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes
• Meals, drinks and additional extras at Hemingways Nairobi
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees