The C&P Portfolio
Liz & Stefano started taking private groups on safari in 1985; setting up mobile tented camps in the bush, and staying in the very few of the better lodges between camps. In 1993, they started work on Tortilis Camp in Amboseli, building in the style and with the amenities they knew their clients would enjoy. That was the start -
Now, Cheli & Peacock operates a collection of 6 camps and lodges; and we work with our friends, the Cottar family, to represent their beautiful Masai Mara camp – Cottars 1920s. Each property has its own distinct character and style, yet all are united by one common theme: small, unique and elegant properties in extraordinary destinations, with a philosophy of environmental responsibility and – the best that safari can offer.
- Tortilis Camp in Amboseli National Park. Tortilis Camp has the best location in Amboseli, with breathtaking views of the mountain, with a private 30,000 acre conservation area, as well as the National Park, to explore.
- Elsa’s Kopje in Meru National Park. Elsa’s has the whole park to itself, including a private rhino sanctuary. One of the most beautiful parks in Kenya.
- Joy’s Camp in Shaba National Reserve. Joys Camp enjoys the whole of Shaba for itself, the quiet eastern part of the Samburu parks.
- Kitich Camp in the tropical forests of the Mathew’s Mountain Range. Kitich is the guardian of the forest, and shares it with elephants, leopard, butterflies and orchids. Guests can hike for hours, or leisurely stroll down forest game trails and swim in crystal clear mountain streams.
- Lewa Safari Camp on the world famous Lewa Wildlife rhino Conservancy in Laikipia. The only camp owned by the conservancy, all profits are reinvested into rhino conservation and community work.
- Elephant Pepper Camp in the core of Mara North Conservancy, Masai Mara. An elegant tented camp, where guests can explore in gamedrive vehicles or on foot. Outstanding private game viewing.
The C&P Portfolio includes the beautiful camp owned and managed by our friends, Calvin & Louise Cottar:
- Cottar’s 1920s Safari Camp – in the Masai Mara. A stunning luxurious tented camp, hailing back to the days of 20′s luxury safaris.