Tanzania Southern Secret
Ruaha (Kigelia Ruaha) ~ Selous (Sand River Selous)
7 day flying safari
From US$5,721 Per person sharing
- Experience the wilds of Southern Tanzania; the unspoilt, secluded wilderness of Ruaha and the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Selous
- Explore Ruaha National Park, one of Africa’s premier birding destinations and home to the rarer, less-seen creatures including wild dog, sable and Roan antelope
- The Selous Game Reserve is renowned for its undisturbed wildlife and nature – a 50,000km2 reserve with no permanent human habitation or permanent structures.
- Opportunities: Fly Camping, Night Game Drives, Fishing
In the heart of Ruaha National Park, Kigelia Ruaha offers a traditional and elegant camp with exceptional game viewing. A rustic bush retreat, the camps’ tented rooms all have outdoor showers and open out onto the Ruaha plains.
Sand River Selous is in a stunning location on the banks of the Rufiji river in the vast Selous Game Reserve. The stone and thatch cottages, raised on decks and open-fronted, overlook the river.
Enjoy game driving in the open-sided 4×4 vehicles, go on a walking safari or a boat safari down the Rufiji River – a wonderful contrast to game viewing from a vehicle.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
Published rates for 2018
Price in US$
|HIGH SEASON: 01 July – 31 Oct, 22 Dec – 04 Jan|
|Per person sharing||$ 5,721|
|Child 8 – 16 yrs sharing / own room||$ 3,635|
|MID SEASON: 05 Jan – 15 Mar, 01 – 30 June, 01 Nov – 21 Dec|
|Per person sharing||$ 7,044|
|Child 8 – 16 yrs sharing / own room||$ 4,462|
- Internal flights – Baggage restriction of 15kgs on all flights preferably in small bags
- Child rates – Minimum age for all properties is 8 years old. A child occupying a single room will be charged single room rate.
- Children under 12yrs are not permitted to walk, chimp or flycamp due to safety reasons.
Included in your safari
Excluded from your safari