Tanzania Southern Secret
Selous Game Reserve & Ruaha National Park
(Sand Rivers Selous)
• Experience the wilds of Southern Tanzania; the unspoilt, secluded wilderness of Ruaha and the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Selous
• Explore Ruaha National Park, one of Africa’s premier birding destinations and home to the rarer, less-seen creatures including wild dog, sable and Roan antelope
• The Selous Game Reserve is renowned for its undisturbed wildlife and nature – a 50,000km2 reserve with no permanent human habitation or permanent structures.
Arrive Dar es Salaam, fly to Ruaha 3 nights.
In the heart of Ruaha National Park, Kigelia Ruaha offers a traditional and elegant camp with exceptional game viewing.
A rustic bush retreat, the camps’ tented rooms all have outdoor showers and open out onto the Ruaha plains.
Fly to Selous 3 nights.
Sand Rivers Selous is in a stunning location on the banks of the Rufiji river in the vast Selous Game Reserve. The stone and thatch cottages, raised on decks and open-fronted, overlook the river.
Enjoy game driving in the open-sided 4×4 vehicles, go on a walking safari or a boat safari down the Rufiji River – a wonderful contrast to game viewing from a vehicle.
Fly to Dar es Salaam. Depart.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
GREEN SEASON | 01 Apr – 31 May
MID SEASON | 05 Jan – 15 Mar, 01 – 30 Jun, 01 Nov – 21 Dec
HIGH SEASON | 01 Jul – 31 Oct, 22 Dec – 04 Jan
• Internal flights – Baggage restriction of 15kgs on all flights preferably in small bags
• Children under 12yrs are not permitted to walk, chimp or flycamp due to safety reasons.
• Full board accommodation
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• Safari activities including game drives, guided bush walks, bush picnics & sundowners. Boat trips, hot springs visit, fishing & bush breakfasts at Sand River Selous
• Scheduled flights & domestic flight departure tax
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership
• Laundry and all statutory taxes.
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• Exclusive use of safari vehicle
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees