Mount Kilimanjaro Conquest
Kilimanjaro | Machame Route
9 day safari
- Established by the experts; a gradual and breathtakingly beautiful climb to the roof of Africa – the highest free standing Mountain in the world!
- Avoid the crowds and ascend through Afromontane forest to the edge of the remnants of the Shira volcano, circumnavigating the main peak, Kibo, anticlockwise passing spectacular features such as giant steps and glacial valleys
- Leisurely route allowing for acclimatisation
- Professional, experienced mountain guides with first-class safety objectives including latest technology, training, tools, communication and support
- Other routes are available on request
Rivertrees looks out toward Mt. Kilimanjaro and is perfectly situated for exploring the mountain. The inn is a charming country estate that was once an old coffee farm and still retains the nostalgic air of a well loved homestead. Sprawling 10 acres of fertile greenery, the grounds are a natural extension of Mt. Meru’s sloping foothills, and offer a sanctuary for the birds and wildlife indigenous to the area. Elegantly rustic cottages are dotted along the river and in thickets of tall trees, while lush lawns and birdsong make for a peaceful and picturesque setting.
This is a 7 day Kilimanjaro hike starting at Machame gate, ascending through afromontane forest and then into the heath zone and on to the edge of the remnants of the Shira volcano. The route then circumnavigates the main peak, Kibo, anticlockwise on route passing some spectacular features such as giant steps and glacial valleys. The final ascent is from Barafu camp. It is a night time ascent to Uhuru Peak via Stella Point. The descent is via the Mweka route.
End of arrangements with Cheli & Peacock Safaris
Sadly end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to the beach, or another destination, or depart for home
Price in US$
|Single traveller||$ 8,052|
|2 travellers sharing, per person||$ 5,675|
|3 travellers, per person||$ 4,972|
|4 to 8 travellers, per person||$ 4,622|
|Single supplement||$ 393|
- This is a private itinerary, contact us if you prefer a scheduled departure
- Climbing the mountain is not like normal safari, it is much more strenuous, and participants need to be fit and able. A fitness preparation guide is available.
- A specific packing list will be supplied for this trip.
- This trip is not suitable for small children
Included in your safari
Excluded from your safari