Horse Riding Safari
Laikipia (Ol Malo Lodge) ~ Masai Mara (Mara Expedition)
7 day riding safari
From US$6,197 per person sharing
- Both Ol Malo Lodge and Mara Expeditions offer an intimate and personalised safari experience
- Experience the rugged hills of Laikipia and the lush Mara plains
- Wildlife is very relaxed in close proximity to horses. A unique game viewing experience
- Opportunities: Guided Walks, Camel Safaris, Cultural Visits, Hot Air Balloon Safari
Ol Malo is nestled into a rugged escarpment overlooking the Laikipia hills and the Ewaso Ng’iro river.
The Lodge provides guests an intimate, personal experience – each of the four cottages provide tranquility with views over the plains. On offer are wild walks, camel and horse rides, mountain biking excursions, picnics by the river, game drives and interactions with the local Samburu tribe before you relax and watch the sun go down at the end of a breathtaking day.
An intimate and elegant tented camp in the heart of the Masai Mara, Mara Expeditions is on the banks of the Ntiakitiak river. A traditional style safari camp complete with safari showers.
Explore the Masai Mara Game Reserve in open game drive vehicles and the opportunity to go on morning and evening horse rides.
End of your Cheli & Peacock Safari
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
Published rates for 2018
Price in US$
|MID SEASON: 04 Jan – 31 Mar, 01 – 30 June, 16 – 30 Sep, 01 – 19 Dec|
|Per person sharing||$ 6,197|
|Single room||$ 6,342|
|Child 8 – 15yrs sharing/own room||$ 4,902|
|HIGH SEASON: 01 – 15 Sept, 20 – 31 Dec|
|Per person sharing||$ 7,797|
|Single room||$ 9,637|
|Child 12 – 17yrs sharing/own room||$ 5,882|
- Internal flights – Baggage restriction of 15kgs on all flights preferably in small bags
- Internal flights – Single travellers may be charged an excess if there are no other passengers booked on their flight
- Horse riding allowed for children over the age of 14
- Single travellers – Single supplement waived in mid season
- Minimum age for children is 8yrs
- Child rates – A child 8-15yrs in his or her own room will be charged a single room rate
- There is no Green Season rate as Ol Malo Lodge is closed from 01 – 31 May & 01 – 30 Nov
- The Maasai Mara horse riding experience is limited to a maximum 8 guests and dependant on guest’s riding experience. These 2 hour outrides are available as a morning or afternoon activity where open game drives are replaced by late afternoon or early morning horse safari rides in the Maasai Mara Reserve, Olare Motorogi, Mara North or Naboisho private conservancies. Alternatively guests can opt for one longer full morning ride of 4 hours, enjoying a game drive in the afternoon/early evening.
Included in your safari
Excluded from your safari