(Tumaren Camp & Karisia Walking Safaris)
Leave the car behind and experience the smells, sights and sounds of the Kenyan bush
Explore the best of Laikipia and the Masai Mara
A combination of walking and game driving, this itinerary allows the opportunity to experience Kenya’s renowned wildlife as well as to dig deeper into the African wilderness.
Fly to Nanyuki, transfer to Laikipia Classic Mobile – 3 nights
Personalised and family-run, the walking safaris are supported by camels. The trips offer a
fascinating perspective on not only the diverse wildlife but also their habitats.
On foot, you fine tune your senses and learn from the knowledgeable guides. A train of friendly camels carry the comfortable mobile camps to remote and splendid locations each day – a traditional adventure and an exhilarating safari experience.
Private charter to Nanyuki. Fly to Masai Mara – 3 nights
A small, intimate classic camp with tasteful interiors on the banks of the Mara river.
Built along the riverbank, the tents’ private verandahs, open bathrooms and outdoor bathtubs provide the perfect look out for hippo pods in the Mara river and views over the Olooloo Escarpment. Mara North Conservancy offers undisturbed wildlife viewing and endless walking opportunities with knowledgeable guides.
End of your Cheli & Peacock Safari.
Sadly, the end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to East Africa’s soft white beaches and historic coastal towns, include another safari destination, or depart for home.
MID SEASON | 07 Jan – 30 June, 01 Oct – 15 Dec
Per person sharing $6,467
Single room* $6,677
Child under 15yrs sharing/own room** $3,163
HIGH SEASON | 01 July – 30 Sept, 20 – 31 Dec
Per person sharing $7,172
Single room* $7,457
Child 12-17yrs sharing/own room** $3,487
GREEN SEASON | 01 Mar – 24 April
Per person sharing N/A
Single room* N/A
Child 12-17 yrs sharing/own room ** N/A
• Internal flights – Baggage restriction of 15kgs on all flights preferably in small bags
• Internal flights – Single travellers may be charged an excess if there are no other passengers booked on their flight
• **Child rates – A child under 15yrs in his or her own room will be charged a single room rate
• Fitness – a moderate level of fitness is required however the walking program can be adapted based on the abilities of each group
• Rates based on a group of 6 guests. Rates available on request for groups larger than 6.
• Full board accommodation
• Walking safari with camels in Laikipia
• Soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits
• Visits to local manyattas while on the walking safari
• Full or half day guided walks at Ngare Serian
• Safari activities including game drives at Ngare Serian
• Laundry and all statutory charges
• Airport and airstrip transfers
• Exclusive use of safari vehicle at Ngare Serian
• Scheduled flights & domestic flights departure tax
• AMREF Flying Doctors Membership.
• Champagne, luxury spirits & select wines
• Park and conservancy fees
• Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions
• All statutory increases beyond our control
• International flights & visa fees