Born Free Footsteps
Meru (Elsa’s Kopje) ~ Lake Naivasha (Loldia House) ~ Masai Mara (Elephant Pepper camp)
9 day flying safari
From US$6,376 per person sharing
- Follow in the footsteps of George and Joy Adamson and the Born Free story
- Experience 3 different ecosystems with different species, including the less seen and rare northern species such as wild dog, grevy zebra, gerenuk, lesser kudu, oryx, rhino and over 450 bird species
- Treasure the privacy of Meru; an incredibly beautiful and unique landscape
- Delve into the home of Joy, George and Elsa the Lion in the Great Rift Valley
- Explore the Mara North Conservancy with prime wildlife viewing
- Adventurous activities: walking and fishing
- Opportunities: Hot Air Balloon Safari
On arrival into Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, a Cheli & Peacock representative will meet and transfer you to Wilson Airport for the scheduled flight to Meru. On arrival at the airstrip, you will be met and transferred to Elsa’s Kopje. Accommodation is booked for 2 nights on a full board basis.
Elsa’s Kopje is named after Elsa the lioness, made famous by George and Joy Adamson’s biographical book and film “Born Free”. Elsa’s Kopje remains one of the most elegant lodges in Africa, with one of the most spectacular settings and it is the best upmarket location to view rhino in their natural habitat in Kenya. Elsa’s Kopje blends into the rocky crags of the “kopje” (small hill), built above the site of George Adamson’s original campsite. Every cottage is the ultimate ‘room-with-a-view’, uniquely designed, incorporating the natural features of the rocky hillside. There is an open bar, lounge and dining room with an exceptionally inviting infinity pool overlooking the Meru plains. Elsa’s Private House is a spacious, stylish, exclusive hideaway set slightly apart from the main lodge with a large private living and dining area, leading seamlessly into a private garden and swimming pool.
After the Elsamere visit, you will proceed on your transfer to Loldia House where accommodation is booked for 2 nights on a full board basis, inclusive of soft drinks, beer and house wines.
A trip to the Lake Nakuru National Park has also been organised during your stay at Loldia House.
Located in the Great Rift Valley, the colonial-era Loldia House has maintained a settler style of luxury and comfort. The Main House has 4 rooms, the garden cottage has 2 bedrooms while the 3-bedroom Loldia Cottage up on a hill is ideal for families and small groups. A new, 2-bedroom lakeshore cottage is perfect for honeymooners and all rooms have wonderful views to Lake Naivasha.
ELSAMERE – original home of Joy & George Adamson, is situated on the southern shore of Lake Naivasha, it was here that Joy nurtured some of her orphaned big cats. The house is now a museum with many original fun artefacts.
LAKE NAKURU – the ecosystem comprises of the lake, surrounded by mainly wooded and bushy grasslands. The park supports a wide ecological diversity with flamingos (both Greater and Lesser) and other water birds being the main attraction of the area.
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airstrip for the scheduled flight to the Masai Mara. You will be met at Mara North Airstrip and transferred to Elephant Pepper Camp.
Elephant Pepper Camp is situated in the prime core of the protected Mara North Conservancy wilderness area. In the same location for 20 years, one of the original, very small and exclusive tented camps, Elephant Pepper is located away from other lodges, in the heart of the African bush. Our spacious canvas tents are comfortably furnished, featuring ensuite bathrooms with flush toilets and showers. Nothing rivals sitting around the campfire enjoying the sounds of the African night. Enjoying extended game drives in the best equipped 4×4 game drive vehicles, clients participate in the most unique wildlife experience in the world. Elephant Pepper Camp brings people back to nature ~ no traffic, no permanent structures, just the sights and sounds of the African bush.
End of arrangements with Cheli & Peacock Safaris
Sadly end of your safari; other plans can be made to go to the beach, or another destination, or depart for home
- Kenya lies on the equator, therefore our dry and wet seasons have relatively stable and pleasant temperatures, and allow year round safaris and game-viewing. Elephant Pepper is closed in April and May.
- Jan, Feb, Mar, early June, October, November and early December are less expensive times to visit.
Published rates for 2017
Price in US$
|MID SEASON: Jan, Feb, Mar, 16-30 Jun, Nov & 01-19 Dec 2017|
|Per person sharing||$ 6,376|
|Single room||$ 7,884|
|Child 12 – 17yrs sharing/own room||$ 3,356|
|HIGH SEASON: Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct & 20-31 Dec 2017|
|Per person sharing||$ 7,105|
|Single room||$ 9,405|
|Child 12 – 17yrs sharing/own room||$ 3,898|
- A 6-night circuit discount of 10% off accommodation is applied at Elsa’s Kopje and Elephant Pepper Camp
- There is no Green Season rate option, because Elephant Pepper Camp is closed in Green Season
- Baggage restriction of 15kgs is applicable on all flights preferably in small bags
- KWS charge a supplement of $20 per person for each night game drive / guided bush walk in Meru National Park
- Child rate for ages 3 – 11 years, available on request
Included in your safari
Excluded from your safari